.

.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Introducing our Family Blog!

It was bittersweet making a new blog today for our family because I LOVED that Sonoma had her very own blog.  Sonomadanielle has been such fun for me in the almost 2 years that it has been an active blog.  However, it is with great excitement that I introduce Fischer Memories, as our new FAMILY blog, because we will soon be a family of FOUR!  That's right, I'm pregnant with baby #2!  

My due date is August 23rd, and I will be 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  I found out that I was pregnant early December and was extremely happy that we were able to share the good news in person with our families over our holiday vacation back home.  We gave each of our parents and siblings a box to open that had this special card inside:


And now a few updates on some of the major happenings for our family and a pretty good explanation of why we have been MIA.  I will try my best to give y'all a synopsis of it all:

From December until February, I experienced a normal 1st trimester of nausea, extreme tiredness, headaches and lots of aversions and cravings.  Things seemed to be moving along really well until two weeks ago when everything went drastically downhill.   For the past 10 days I have been in and out of the ER, the hospital and the doctor's office.  My uterus had not moved into the correct position it is supposed to be in for the remaining of my pregnancy and was completely blocking my bladder.  It was the scariest thing to wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to go to the bathroom.  After two days in and out of the ER, they sent me home with a full catheter attached to me, which was absolutely terrible.  I was in so much pain with the pressure, stinging and burning of it all that I was unable to move, walk or even hold Sonoma.  On Monday afternoon it got to the point where I was in so much pain I could barely see straight.  I went back to the doctor and they found out I had an awful infection and that my catheter was no longer working.  At that point, the doctor manually went inside me and moved my uterus into the correct position.  I was sent home yesterday, went back to the doctor today, and SO FAR, SO GOOD.  Of course I am still scared and shaken up over everything, but the most important thing is that the doctors think everything is fine and that the uterus isn't going to shift anymore. Not to mention, the baby is EXTREMELY PERFECT and the heartbeat has always sounded wonderful.  That's all I really cared about.  I knew I could get through it all as long as the baby was going to be fine.  I am extremely sore and will take some time to recover, but I should be back to my normal self in only a matter of short time.  I know I always  said how painful it was when I broke my back  years ago, or when I gave birth to Sonoma, but now I will say with all honesty that this was the most painful thing I have ever gone through .  Ever.  We are so thankful for the support of our family and friends over the past two weeks.  Especially both of our Moms who traveled up here to help out.  My Mom stayed with me last week while Marcus had to travel to FL for work and Marcus' Mom is staying with us right now as I recover.  I don't know what we would have done without them!  I'm trying to stay positive, but gosh, with everything that I just went through and everything with Marcus' health after his stroke, we are so tired of medical issues.  We hope that we can focus on our family being happy and healthy for a long time moving forward =)


It's no joke about showing so much sooner when you are pregnant with your 2nd!  I popped  at 8 weeks!






And now onto some other INCREDIBLE NEWS:

In the middle of our crazy move (more house pictures to come later I promise! ) Marcus accepted a new job as the Director of Sales Global Events with Octagon, the sports marketing arm for the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), one of the world's largest advertising and marketing communications groups.  Widely recognized as one of the most powerful global sports marketing companies, Octagon focuses on delivering event solutions to clients as a strategic way to overcome business problems, address competitive challenges and take advantage of market opportunities.  He is thrilled to return to working in the sports marketing, sponsorship sales and event management industry for a global leader like Octagon, which counts two (2) LPGA Tour events, two (2) Champions Tour events, one (1) Nationwide Tour and numerous special events as clients.  Sonoma and I are SO very proud of Daddy!

For the past 6 months I have been working on my membership application into DAR, the Daughters of the American Revolution.  I am happy to announce that when the Board of Management met in Washington DC on February 4th, they approved me as a member!  

And here is a link to the most recent DAR newsletter with my new member announcement:


Hopefully our future blog updates will not be this long.  We have all been MIA lately dealing with my health, Marcus' new job and travel and all of our house issues but we are looking forward to everything that this exciting year will bring.  Come back often for more updates and hopefully pictures of us all settled in our new house!

xoxo
Lindy










1 comment:

  1. I feel so blessed to be included in the "Family" time! So happy for you Lindy! Feel better and congrats to all the great happenings!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete