.

.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Finally. . . a NEW month ~ Welcome, February!

We did it.  We made it through the tedious month of January.  Wish I could say this past week we went out with a bang, but it was quite the opposite.  Last weekend I came down with an AWFUL stomach bug that I can't even think about because it was so bad.  I was quarantined in the guest room for over 48 hours and thank God no one else got sick.  By Wednesday I had just enough energy to get out and take poor Cora to the doctor for broncholitis.  She really was in a pretty good mood, I just noticed some continual wheezing, so I figured I would take her in to be safe.  We ended up having to buy a nebulizer and we started breathing treatments at home.  *Piece of advice*  Don't take two toddlers to a LONG doctor's visit, followed by a stop at a pharmacy, followed by a stop at a home medical supply store.  It just won't work out.  Of course Daddy was off to Indy for work so he missed out on all of our exciting adventures.  I will say that Marcus was a trooper and took off work and took care of the girls and the house while I was sick.  Oh, wait, did I mention that we had Polar Vortex NUMBER 2 during all of this?

Here is a quick recap of our end of the month:

I surprised Sonoma with Sophia's amulet necklace.  It was something that she has been talking about non stop for over a month now.  She was super excited, especially because she knew the next day we were going to a Princess Sophia themed birthday party at the Ball Factory.


No, this is not a wedding cake.  Just your every day toddler birthday cake :)

Happy girl post birthday party

As soon as we arrived home her Sophia costume was back on

Royal Family Picture at the party
                                       
                                        Sonoma has been doing a great job at her swimming lessons:


If Sonoma isn't in her Sophia costume, she has her Queen Elsa costume on:




Our neighbors have a pretty sweet rock climbing wall in their basement:



Sonoma has been SUCH a HUGE help with everything going on this week.  I kept praising her over and over because I've never been so proud of her.  She's been really sweet to Cora and extremely helpful to me and with stuff around the house.  When I was giving Cora her breathing treatment one morning, Sonoma grabbed my phone out of my bag and said she was going to take a picture.  Sweet girl.


Not sure what I would do without my Mommy friends who helped me figure out how the heck to do a breathing treatment and hold a mask up to a 17 month old.  There have been lots of tears, but we are figuring it out.  So grateful for all the help and support this week from friends.

New legwarmers from Grandma!!  One of my friends made some for he daughter and as soon as I saw them I knew Sonoma had to have them too!  They are so fun and look super cute peeking out from her boots when she wears those.  

Museum play date with friends.  Chasing your 17 mo. old around is the best workout ever & I am so glad I can trust Sonoma to be good at these outings.  I was exhausted after this trip.  There was a total of 8 kids in our group and it was hard to keep track of everyone.

These sleeping bags have been the golden ticket to getting the girls to clean up and mind and get things done.  Wonderful reward!  




Goodbye January.  Until next year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment