.

.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Bye Bye Paci



Yesterday was a traumatic day for sweet, little Cora!  We had to get rid of her pacifier.  It all started with a trip to the Dentist for Sonoma.  The Dentist said she would also go ahead and do Cora's first check-up since we were there.  The visit resulted in the Dentist telling us to get rid of Cora's pacifiers ASAP.  The bone above her upper teeth has not been able to drop down to allow her teeth to close together when she bites.  She also has a small upper arch as well as a cross bite.  Yikes.  I decided there was no point in waiting after we received the news, so yesterday at nap time, I took away her pacis.  Poor thing just cried and cried, yelling that she missed her pacis and needed them.  I told her if she could go to sleep and be brave, that we would go get sundaes when she woke up.  She fell asleep for 40 minutes, woke up hysterical and surprisingly I was able to calm her back down.  She then fell back asleep for over 2 more hours.  I was so proud of her, so we immediately drove to Mcdonalds for sundaes when she woke up!  In other news, she did GREAT at her first Dentist check-up, and enjoyed watching a fun kids' dog movie and picking out goodies from the treasure chest.  Sonoma's teeth look perfect and she even has a loose one!  (Sonoma never used a paci, so this is all new to us.  Plus, I realized the pacis Cora had been using were "baby" pacis for 0-6 months.  Probably should have switched at some point to a better one for older babies/toddlers. )

 
After ice cream, we drove to Target to get a new Shopkins set and I told Cora she could have it if she was brave at bedtime and went to bed without crying.  She did AMAZING!!! She woke up in the morning and asked me, "Mommy, where did you put my pacis?  I miss my pacis."  We talked about giving them to new babies who need them more than she does and she seemed to be okay.  I must admit, I am a little sad, because the paci was always an instant comfort for her, and part of the reason I think she always slept so well and put herself back to sleep.  Oh well --  Another stage in the books.....
 
New Shopkins makes everything all better!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment