It's with a bittersweet heart that I share with y'all some big news: Our family is moving back to Indianapolis!
Sunday, April 9th, 2017 marked 10 years since we moved from Indiana Sports Corp/Indy to LPGA/Chicago. And on this past Sunday, April 9th, we signed a contract with a Realtor to sell our home. Quite a lot has happened in that decade, but we're certainly proud of the life we created in the Windy City and are equally excited about returning back home to Indiana.
 |
| Exactly 10 years ago, we sold our downtown Indy townhome and made the move to Chicago |
 |
| Pulling our moving truck into our new townhome in 2007 |
Starting Monday, Marcus will be working for Anheuser-Busch as the Trade Marketing Manager – Region 3, responsible for managing A-B's brand programming and sponsorships for Indiana, Kentucky and West Virginia. The position is based out of Indianapolis.
What that means: He will be on the buying side (instead of selling side) developing the sponsorship strategy, handling negotiation and activation for A-B's sponsorship with Colts, Pacers, Kentucky Derby, etc. Additionally, he will be working with the various distributors in each market to make sure A-B's marketing programs are successfully being implemented on-premise (restaurants/bars) and at retail (i.e. Big Red Liquors, Kroger) for the various brands (Budweiser, Bud Light, Stella Artois, Michelob Ultra, etc.)
We've informed the girls and Sonoma was excited, while Cora cried. Probably a bit of how Marcus and I feel also, but the opportunity with A-B is too good for Marcus to pass up professionally, as well as for us personally to move back to Indy and be closer to extended family. Marcus will still be working with his KemperLesnik colleagues, as he sold A-B on the Indianapolis Wine Festival sponsorship that he will now be working upon from the other side of the table.
 |
Exactly 10 years ago, Dad helping us move and unpack
|
The timing with this, being right after my Dad died, is all so interesting. For the last 10 years, my Dad would have loved more than anything to have us back in IN. He always talked about it. And in those last 10 years, Marcus never once got any sort of opportunity or offer. Right after my Dad died is when Marcus was presented with this opportunity and offer. We strongly believe there is some divine intervention going on, with all of this coming about right after Dad died. I know Dad had a hand in this.
Throughout Marcus' entire, lengthy interview process, and everything else we are going through with selling our house and buying a new one, the one person I have wanted to call and tell everything to, I cannot. I just wish I could hear my Dad's voice and excitement and listen to his advice throughout all of this. It is so tough not being able to dial his number or shoot him a text and pictures. My Dad has helped me throughout all of my moves - to college to my dorm, sorority and apartment, to Indianapolis and to Chicago. He was such a huge help in every single move and I can't imagine making this move back to Indianapolis without his helping hands.
My Dad was proud of our life in Chicago and was of course super supportive of our move and new city. He visited as often as he could, taking in the beautiful Windy City and all of its glory.
 |
| Bike the Drive! |
 |
| I have so many special memories in Chicago with my family. |
 |
| We arrived in Chicago just the three of us. Marcus, Dixie and Me. We leave without a dog and with the addition of 3 beautiful babies. We are indeed blessed! |
 |
| Our dear friends Todd and Sarah surprised us in Chicago and helped us unpack our whole truck and set up our new home. It was amazing. |
 |
| Saying goodbye to our Indianapolis townhome one last time. |
 |
| The reason we moved to Chicago: for the 2009 Solheim Cup |
To say that life is beyond crazy right now, well, let's just leave it at that. It IS beyond crazy. Trying to sell a home, figure out WHERE we want to live in Indy ( not downtown again ), continue doing my day to day jobs as a Mommy and business owner, etc, etc, is a LOT. There is a LOT of stress, especially with Marcus' upcoming start date at his new job. He will be in Indy and has a few upcoming trips within the next month. I am trying to take things one day at a time and praying it all works out, I have a great support system of family, neighbors and friends who have all offered to assist when needed. I thank y'all SO much for that! It means the world! Please keep our family in your thoughts and send us some good vibes as we go through this huge change and move. I can't wait to keep everyone updated.
 |
| Oh how I am going to miss this house |
I'll try not to get too sentimental yet, but we sure have enjoyed our time in the great city of Chicago. Chicago will always have a huge chunk of my heart, as it's where I had and started raising my 3 beautiful babies:
 |
| Sonoma and Me downtown in Millennium Park |
 |
| Willis Tower |
 |
| Sonoma and the City |
 |
| Over looking Lake Michigan. Sonoma, Me and Blakesley |
 |
| The beautiful Art Institute - one of our family's favorite spots |


No comments:
Post a Comment