.

.

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Week 2 Food/Fitness/Health Update!




2 weeks into my new year diet + fitness plan and so far, so good.  I must admit, there have been some set backs, but I'm hanging in there!  After 1 solid week of clean, Vegan eating, I lost 4 pounds and felt AMAZING.  My back and hips were feeling better with my therapy, and I felt myself getting stronger.  I also implemented intermittent fasting.  I had kicked off with a 36 hour fast on Day 1, but then afterwards, for most days, I only eat between the hours of 12-6.  If I eat before 12, it is only fruit.  I downloaded an app to track my eating and calories, and figure out the macros that I needed.  The app is just called MACROS (on iPhone), and after using it for a few days, I figured out the amounts and numbers, and don't use it anymore on daily basis. I really just needed a guideline to start with.  I figured out what was best for my body.  Restricting my eating between just 6 hours has been KEY!!!  Like I said, if I need to eat before 12, fruit is the best way to "break -a -fast "  AKA , BREAKFAST!  This article is AMAZING  - all about fruit and why it should be eaten ALONE!  Read it!!
FRUIT COMBINATONS



This has 20 grams of protein and we have started making this for everyone in the family.  Especially making sure Sonoma gets it on her gym days to keep up her protein and calories.  Plus, it's cheaper than buying my vegan shakes which also have 20 G of protein. This has approx 400 calories and leaves you SUPER full.  We use agave nectar since we don't use honey in our house. And, we drink Pea Protein milk.  Marcus likes to also add hemp seeds and cacao for an extra oomph!


Follow me on instagram for live workout highlights and posts!  @lindynicole

We still get Purple Carrot delivered every week for 3 Vegan family meals.  I have free boxes to send to friends from time to time, so comment or email me if you want to try one! I will send it your way!! FREE plant-based food!

Here is my workout for tomorrow......  I am almost done with Week 20 in my program!

 So, after a week into everything, I got HORRIBLY sick in the middle of last week.  It was the sickest I have ever been and it was so awful. Of course, Marcus was on a business trip for a week because doesn't everything go wrong when your SO is gone?  I got so bad he had to come home early :(  It knocked me down, and really took a lot out of me!  I ended up losing more weight which was fine, but I also lost some muscle mass I am trying to build back up again.  Right before I got sick I went to St Vincent Sports Performance ( where my daughter and I get our physical therapy, cupping and dry needling done )  and I took a visit to the BOD POD!  WOW, what a cool experience!! Within 3 minutes I tested my body fat %, body mass and muscle composition.  I use to get my body fat tested regularly when I was a professional athlete, and never have I ever been lower than I am now!  I 100% attribute it to my plant based diet.  I was 17%, which puts me in the Elite Athlete category. I couldn't be happier!!  I also got the numbers for my calories needed based on my activity to maintain, bulk or cut, so that was awesome! I recommend this to anyone who is starting a new fitness or diet regimen.  Finding out your muscle and fat makeup is WAY COOLER than numbers on a scale or seeing how your clothes fit.  This is what it's all about! I bought two sessions so I can go back and compare this Spring or Summer.


SO happy to resurface and feel like myself again.


This is my amazing trainer, Ryan! Yesterday we worked out together and he pushes me so hard!  He is also the strongest person I know and is very inspiring.  You can read more about my experience at my gym and with my trainer at this site:
BE LIKE LINDY








I wish y'all a GREAT holiday tomorrow if you're off work and a happy, healthy week!







No comments:

Post a Comment