.

.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

March Highlights

Another month is coming to an end!  March was good to us!  Here are some highlights from this past month:

*We've been healthy this month!  The weather is still mostly cruddy out, so we continue to make the biggest messes possible INSIDE the house!

*We've enjoyed 3 outside stroller runs!  3 good days with sunshine & not too much wind!  Otherwise, Cora continues to do better and better each time she goes to the gym daycare by herself on the days Sonoma is at PDO.  The girls always do awesome on the days they go to the gym daycare together.  Most days Sonoma tells me, "Mommy, I don't think I'll go to the big area today.  I would rather stay in the nursery and take care of my baby Cora."  *melts my heart!*


*Mimi came to visit and help us out when Marcus was traveling one week.  She came with my favorite cookies & presents for all of us!




*Daddy started a NEW JOB!! He now works for Kemper Sports & is the Sales and Marketing Director.  He is currently working on the 2015 US Amateur.  He is excited to be back in sports events and sponsorships.  We are SO proud of him.  This past week has been a huge adjustment for all of us.  The girls have been use to always having Daddy around for breakfast, most lunches, and dinner every night since he worked from home.  Now that he is commuting, he misses all three meals during the week.  The girls have been really sad especially not seeing him for breakfast every morning and dinner every night.  They go to bed so early, that sometimes Daddy doesn't get home until they are in bed :(  It's been an adjustment for me having to do dinner, clean-up, baths, bedtime and Sonoma's gymnastics by myself, but we made it through the first week with minimal tears and we will get the hang of it soon enough!  



I walked into this a couple of weeks ago after dinner.  They were having so much fun! =)

The girls are LOVING their new chalkboard wall that Daddy painted.


*Cora started swimming this month.  After a few months off, she is now back in the water and doing much, much better.  I still have to leave and go workout during the lesson or else she will cry for me.




OOPS.  Not good.

St. Patrick's Day kisses at B-Dubs.


Cora wasn't quite as thrilled as I was when I found her matching shirt and vest to mine that used to be Sonoma's.  LOVE baby Splendid. Man, Sonoma had an awesome baby wardrobe.  It's a good thing I had another girl.  I don't feel bad doing all that shopping years ago.  

Spring flower outfits!  

Reading

See these necklaces?  Yeah, they look pretty but shortly after this picture was taken, Sonoma had them all tangled on her neck and practically strangled herself.  It was so scary and left marks all over her neck.  I guess less really is more :-o

*Grandma and T came up to visit this weekend and hang out with us!  They also helped with some house projects.  Such a fun time!

*Lastly, we started building our back patio this week!!!  It's been a huge, noisy project, but we are so completely excited to have some outdoor living space come NEXT week when the workers are projected to be finished. We've been waiting for this day for the past two years since we moved in.  Before and after pics to come on the blog!  :)  Stay tuned!  

Goodbye, March!  Thanks for the memories :) :)






No comments:

Post a Comment