.

.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Life Lately

Life lately in July is busy busy busy!  Here's a glimpse into our fall summer days! We still haven't had very nice weather to go to the pool, but luckily we have kept busy with camps, sports and activities!

After the 4th of July, Sonoma attended a week of Safety Town, a little town run by city officials in Naperville.  It's a camp for children entering Kindergarten or 1st grade and they say it is one of the most important weeks in a child's life.  Sonoma learned all about fire safety, water safety, stranger safety, bike safety, electrical safety, animal safety, railroad safety and poison safety!  She learned SO much and we are very thankful for this opportunity!  I also learned a lot after attending a Parent Fire Safety meeting one of the mornings.  In fact, I learned so much that we spent yesterday as a family going over our fire escape plans, having a fire drill, installing an extra carbon monoxide detector, buying additional fire extinguishers and testing all of our smoke detectors.  I can't wait to send Cora in a few years!

 
When she graduated from Safety Town, she took me on a tour of the town




Sonoma got to crawl through a real smoke house!


 



Sonoma said her favorite part was riding the bikes around Safety Town
While Sonoma was in Safety Town each day, I had the morning to myself with Cora.  Unfortunately there was a lot of chilly weather and rain, so our options were limited.
 
Since Safety Town started so early in the morning, I always had to wake the girls up and most days they ate breakfast in the car.  One day I took Cora out to breakfast at Egg Harbor!

Playing around downtown Naperville



We went back to the park at my old stomping grounds where I taught Stroller Fitness classes!


And some days Cora colored in the minivan while I read my book :)

Breakfast at Starbucks!
 
Cora started ballet last week and LOVES it!  I'm so excited that she finally has an activity to call her own right now! 



 
Last week we went to one of our favorite places, Heritage Prairie Farm, for their weekly pizza night.  It's changed SO much over the past few years and has turned into quite a big, crowded event.  They had their huge wedding tent up and we felt like we were at a wedding reception! We went with our friends, the Colemans, and the kids had a blast together while we enjoyed farm fresh delicious pizzas!
Dancing with Hunter


It was one of those chilly fall-like evenings.  We were all in sweaters!

Just a girl and her dog

My new business partner, Amanda, had her Rodan + Fields business launch party last week!  It was such a great event!

On Friday night, the Kane County Cougars (our Minor League Baseball team ) had "FROZEN NIGHT" at the ball park.  Of course we had to go and went with our friends the Greens.  It was a blast and it was also the latest our girls have ever stayed up.  It was definitely worth it though - the fireworks were some of the best I have ever seen!


Charlotte and Sonoma being silly!

Cora & Tate enjoying their cotton candy

Me & my girl, Sarah!

Lawn seats are the way to go! I don't know how parents actually take kids to ballgames and sit in the regular seats? 

In awe of the fireworks!

We caught Elsa in the parking lot!

These two are so sweet!


The only negative about the night was that Cora got bit by a mosquito near her eye.  It didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary until the next day, Saturday, after her nap.  She woke up, her face so swollen, we barely recognized her!  We took her to the doctor and they said she had an allergic reaction to the bite and it was a lot worse because it was by her eye.  It also was infected!  Poor Cora is on an antibiotic, prednisone and Benadryl.  (However, we had to stop the prednisone immediately today and cease all meds because the steroids really took a toll on her.  I'm talking out of control craziness.  Just like you would assume one to be on steroids!  She can resume her antibiotic tomorrow )
Before Cora's eye was infected, we enjoyed a nice morning at the Farmer's Market together while Daddy took Sonoma to gymnastics

More rain called for frog & snail catching out back!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment