.

.

Friday, September 11, 2015

My Favorite Time of the Year......

My Favorite Time of the year is just beginning to show up  - FALL!!

We had some super hot days the past few weeks, but today was nice and chilly this morning (and also very rainy!) and I can sense some Fall in the air!  :)

Before we speed ahead to all things Fall, here is a quick recap of life lately the past couple of weeks:

Gymnastics....where do I begin?  During her 2nd week of being selected to the Developmental Team, both of the team coaches abruptly quit.  It was very disappointing and awful to watch this all go down in such an unprofessional manner.  I LOVED that gym.  I did lots of research upon moving to Chicago 8 years ago when I was looking for coaching jobs at gyms.  We never had any problem there until this happened.  To see 5 small, sad, confused girls come out of practice asking why their coaches are leaving, why they don't want to coach them anymore, was very hard to watch.  There was absolutely no explanation, no moving to another gym, etc.  I immediately started re-researching gyms and a couple that I was interested in were just too far to drive to after school.  Late that night a coach called me from another gym after receiving my letter and invited Sonoma to try out the next day.  Luckily, Sonoma ended up LOVING the new gym, the coaches and owners knew the owners of the old gym in Indiana where I coached, and I liked the girls' team coach.  It worked out perfectly.  I waited 2 more times to take her to be absolutely sure that it was the right fit.  So far, it seems to be.  It's the same amount of time - twice a week right now for 2 hours one day and an hour and a half the other.  However, It's callled the "Super Sixes," so the girls on the team are 6 & 7, but Sonoma is not far behind at all.  She's very strong and confident and an extremely hard worker. 


Funniest sleeping position ever

Cora gets so sad when Sonoma leaves for school!

Cora requested a Starbucks date after her doctors appointment

Cora always wants to hold her Sissy's hand on the walk back from the bus

Me & Cora have a lunch time ritual of making a salad together.  And this day she also requested guacamole. 



Sonoma won the SuperStar wand at school and she also earned 10 "good notes" for excellent behavior in her classroom.  The goal was 10 and then she could pick a dinner out of her choice.  She chose the Turf Room.  Smart choice;)

Miss Cora B started swimming lessons!

She usually takes Coffee, a baby or this day it was Coffee stuffed in a mailbox on the walk to the bus stop


We took the girls to their first college football game while we were home in Indiana over Labor Day weekend.  They sure did have a great time despite the extreme heat! GO IU!


Thanks for taking us to the game, Mimi & Pa!  We appreciate it!  The girls had such a fun time at your house!


The girls rode with Pa in his jeep with the top down!

Sonoma snuck in our room one day and decorated it with all of my old trolls.  They were everywhere!!  I loved playing and collecting trolls when I was younger.  And guess what - they are bringing trolls BACK!!!!  Coming soon to Target!

HA!

Ice Cream stop!

My Dad did the sweetest thing - he refinished my vintage Schwinn bike for Sonoma!!!  She is still a little small for it, but will soon enough grow into it.  I LOVED that bike and I can't wait for Sonoma to ride it too!

My Dad bought Sonoma a Uekalayle when she was just 2 years old.  This trip she learned the G and C chord and is getting so much better!!  I love that my girls love music like their Pa and Grandpa!



Cora FINALLY started PDO on Tuesday after Labor Day!!  Thank goodness, she was getting a little restless.  She sure was excited to start!


Trying to get used to this homework thing after school!

For some reason, every time we walk by this rock at the Vaughn Athletic Center, Cora asks for me to take a picture of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment