.

.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Happy 6 Months, Blakesley Ann!


I can't even believe it!  Blakesley Ann is 6 months old!  Half of a year has FLOWN by!  While I am so grateful that she is growing and thriving, I am so sad that she is not the sleepy newborn anymore.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE the newborn stage? I miss it so much already :( :(

Blakesley is still the happiest baby ever, and she is never, ever in a bad mood.  Don't you worry...she definitely has her downfalls, but being happy isn't one of them! Blakesley still doesn't take a bottle.  My plan of pumping and doing bottles went out the window when everything happened this past month.  However...I have ordered a new bottle and have plans of getting her on the bottle ASAP. Blakesley also does not like her crib.  We decided to let her try the crib last weekend and it was misery.  She was up for hours and hours on end not sleeping.  I think the main problem was also that we took her out of her swaddle pod and put her in a regular sleep sack so her arms were loose.  She flipped and rolled around for almost 9 hours, sleeping 15 minutes here and there.  She was like a wild animal - she didn't know what it was like to be free!  So we have resorted to letting her sleep back in her Moses basket, but inside the crib.  She is at least in the sleep sack now though.  Blakesley is also nursing 1 time in the middle of the night.





I took her to the doctor today for her 6 month well visit.  The doctor said to try her in the crib without the basket, but with the sleep sack on, so her arms are still confined and close to her face.  He also said once her night feeding turns into a snack ( and not a full meal ) that we should cut that out.  And he also gave me some advice on the bottle.....  Not to mention we are suppose to start baby food now!  Soo many changes, I can hardly stand it!  I went grocery shopping today and stocked up on some vegetables to let her try.  I enjoyed making my own baby food with Sonoma and Cora and figure I will do the same with Blakesley when time permits. The way we fed Sonoma and Cora has now all changed.  The Doctor told me to introduce a new food every single day and not wait 3-4 days in between.  He also said that no foods (with the exception of honey until age 2 ) are off limits anymore, and that we should expose her to as many different foods as possible.



Blakesley weighs 14 lbs 2 oz and is in the 15th percentile for weight.  She is 25 inches long and in the 23rd percentile for height.  Her head is nice and big putting her in the 77th percentile.  Doctor said she is growing great and was very pleased with her overall.  Cora came with us to the appointment, because she really wanted me to book it on a non Preschool day so she could hold Blakesley's hand during her shots.  Such a sweet girl.  Cora cried when Blakesley got her shots.  It was like she felt her sister's pain.  We also gave Blakesley a flu shot since the Doctor said it is a late season and he is starting to see the flu.  She can only get half the dose now, so she has to go back in a month for the other half.

Blakesley and Great Grandpa.  One of my all time favorite pictures. My Dad would have loved this one. 


Blakesley is a rolling machine! She rolls from front to back to front, all across the room!  She is also sitting up by herself for a few seconds!  She is getting stronger and I have seen her try so hard to push up to crawl or scoot to army crawl.  It's only a matter of time before she is off!  '



Blakesley loves this ball from Grandma

She loves her swaddle sleep pod.



I am so thankful for my beautiful, happy, healthy 3rd baby.  She is such a light in the darkness that has become part of my life the past month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment