Halloween 2014 is definitely one to remember. After having weeks of gorgeous fall weather, we woke up on Friday, October 31st to 60 MPH gusts of wind and SNOW. It was honestly the windiest I have ever seen it since I have lived in Chicagoland. It was just plain MISERABLE. Everything you could think of blew away from our porch, yard, and neighborhood. I couldn't believe that this was our weather for Halloween! We were literally FROZEN. We sort of believe that God had some sort of sense of humor with all the Elsas this year. That didn't stop us from pushing through the bad weather and getting out there to go trick-or-treating.
First though, here are some pics from the day before (great weather!) when the girls were on their way to the PDO Halloween party:
 |
| *Sisters Forever* |
 |
| Anna |
And here are the girls with their layers under their costumes, before they got their winter coats, hats, and gloves on. And it still wasn't enough. We were SO cold.
 |
| Elsa |
 |
| Anna |
 |
| Family picture! |
My parents came up this year on Halloween and enjoyed handing out candy to all of the trick-or-treaters so Marcus and I could both take the girls around the neighborhood.
.jpg) |
| The girls were super excited to have Mimi and Pa in town! |
 |
| Getting her Anna braids done! |
 |
| This might be one of Cora's best smiles! |
 |
| Sonoma told me to delete this picture because my eyes were closed, but I told her I couldn't! This picture is perfect because this is what our night looked like! I could barely keep my eyes open with the whipping winds! |
Cora was crying to go home after 15 minutes, but she probably lasted 30-40 minutes. Sonoma was a trooper and I encouraged her to keep going (I had my heart set on lots of candy haha) and she lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. By the end of the night we couldn't feel our fingers or toes and I think I was cold until Saturday morning!
.jpg) |
| Thank goodness for our wagon! |
We came home, ate dinner, sorted our candy and watched Great Pumpking Charlie Brown! We woke up the next morning and the winds were completely gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment