Marcus and I had a big weekend planned in downtown Indy. We were supposed to attend a friend's wedding, we had a hotel, breakfast plans the next day, and unfortunately had to cancel because of the Winter Storm :( :( My parents were supposed to come up and stay with the girls and I know they were bummed too.
We settled on a date night in downtown St. Charles and got a local sitter instead. The girls were thrilled it snowed on a weekend and played outside all day Saturday with Daddy. Sunday was drastically colder, so we dedicated Sunday to staying indoors and Christmas decorating! It felt SO good to get the decorations up this year BEFORE we leave for Thanksgiving break. It's always so stressful coming home after traveling, doing laundry, grocery shopping and rushing into Christmas mode. This year, we can enjoy our decorations longer, and focus on simply just chopping our tree down and decorating the tree when we get home :)
| Dixie and I decided to stay inside by the fire. I finished the book I was reading and it was very peaceful and quiet for a Saturday morning :) |
We ended up with 5 or 6 inches & it's still quite cold out. Looking forward to a bit of a warm up for the Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments:
Post a Comment