.

.

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Road Trip as a Family of FIVE with a FIVE week old!


We took our first road trip as a family of five!  We went to Indianapolis for cousin Scarlett's 1st birthday party!  The road trip wasn't as awful as I expected it to be.  We put the big girls in the very back row, and I sat in the middle row to be with Blakesley.  She still doesn't like her car seat very much, so it was a good thing I could be back there to put her pacifier in and help soothe her.  We stopped three times for feedings and diaper changes and potty breaks.  And I can't believe I am even typing this, but I read a book.  As in an entire, long chapter book!  I've been in a book club since the summer and I was worried I would have to just skip the September book because I have not had any time to sit down and read.  However, I managed to download and read , "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry."  Great book, by the way!  




We arrived just in time for the party to start - 5 hours after we left home.

The girls were so excited to be there to celebrate Miss Scarlett.  My Sister put on a GREAT party!



Smash cake!

Blakesley met Great Grandpa for the very first time.  He wasn't too sure about holding her, but I assured him that they would be fine!  I am glad he did!

I love this picture of Blakesley looking at Grandpa.


Cora and Sonoma played for a very long time with Jordie and Jason.  They caught TONS of bugs in a new bug jar Cora got.  And they also played human bowling



Love this little girl!!  She is so happy!




 My parents were very nice and got us a suite to stay in at the Embassy Suites.  It worked out so well.  The girls slept in their very own room, and Blakesley, Marcus and I all slept in a separate room.  Blakesley slept from 10-4:30 and then ate and slept again from 5:30-9:00!
We enjoyed a very bountiful breakfast the next morning

The girls loved the elevator looking out at the atrium

Stretching out before another car ride


Sonoma always wants to take pictures of me and Blakesley.  Some day I will appreciate that so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment