.

.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

End of February Update


Thankfully this is the last week of February.  What a dreary, cold month this has been!  We got two more big snows, and Sonoma was finally able to make her first snowman with Daddy today.  It was really special and they had a great time doing it together.  You know it's been a long winter when your two year old says, "Mommy, I'm ready for spring and flowers and the park."  Yeah, me too, Sonoma.


They built two snowmen!  Sonoma wanted a Daddy and a baby .

Cora update:

The doctor told us we need to cut out her middle of the night feeding.  So, on Sunday night when Cora woke up at 4:00 am (early Monday morning), Marcus went in, and rocked her.  Usually, he changes her diaper and a few minutes later I get out of bed and then sit down in the rocking chair to nurse her.  It was beyond sad to listen to Cora scream and cry, as I didn't come in to feed her this time.  Marcus said she kept looking at the door, waiting for me to walk in :( :( :(  After rocking her to sleep after lots of crying, she passed out with Daddy and I fed her the next morning at 7:00 am like normal.  Move forward to Monday night....I went to bed, nervous to hear the cries and screams again, but I knew Marcus would go in to rock her to sleep.  However, SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!  6:30-7:00!  I figured it was a fluke, but last night she slept through the night again from 6:30-7:00!!  I am SO proud of Cora for the past two nights!  Of course, she may wake up again, but just knowing that she doesn't need to eat in the middle of the night, and we survived the one night of crying it out, makes us all feel so much better.  I know dropping that night feeding and/or letting a baby cry it out is never fun for any parent, but it works!  Worked with Sonoma and worked with Cora!  Cora has been in such a good mood the past two mornings and REALLY happy to see me!  I miss our night-time feedings/snuggle sessions, but it's the best thing for everyone moving forward if we are all sleeping the night.  

Other things we have been up to:

-Strolling the mall and getting in some walking/running before the mall opened on a Sunday when our gym was closed.  And then riding our favorite (and fastest) carousel :

-We are letting Dixie lay with Sonoma while she tries to fall asleep at night since bedtime hasn't been the happiest of times at our house


-We enjoyed a family trip to the Children's Museum.  It was Cora's first time there and she had a blast since Daddy was wearing her.

-Sonoma continues to enjoy playing dress-up, but more so in my heels.  The other day after I finished cleaning the kitchen I came upstairs to find her golfing in my heels.  That a girl!  


-A new Chick-fil-A opened right by our house, so we have had some really fun trips there!


HURRY UP, SPRING!


No comments:

Post a Comment