.

.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Beautiful Spring Weekend!

Despite the girls being sick last week (especially Cora), and me getting the worst of the sickness (why does that always happen?!) , we had a lovely Spring weekend!  I still don't have a voice, and am now battling a potential sinus infection, but I'm trying to push through and get better for a busy week ahead! 

Friday I was supposed to go to a painting party I had been looking forward to for months, but made the wise decision to stay in and rest.  The girls and I strolled at the Geneva Commons Mall to get some fresh air, ate an early dinner out back and played outside.

Listening to "You are my Sunshine" play on the bell tower

A little out back golfing

 

 
Saturday was Mom's Day at Sonoma's Preschool:
 

 



It was so nice spending some one on one time with Sonoma!

We decorated cookies & did crafts

We gave ourselves manicures!


 
We made body scrubs!



By the time Saturday night rolled around, I still hadn't made it to the grocery store, and Marcus knew I wasn't feeling very good, so he treated us to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  We hadn't been there in a very long time, so it was a special night out!


On Sunday we had our family birthday (early) celebration for Sonoma.  She decided ( months ago, when she first went to American Girl last year) that she wanted her birthday meal to be celebrated at the American Girl Café.  Mimi and Pa sent an early birthday present of a gift card to do some shopping/activities at the store, so we went downtown Sunday morning for an early lunch reservation.





 
First stop was the hair salon to get Caroline's hair done!

 
We asked Cora which of my American Girls she wanted to take downtown, and she had no interest in taking a doll.  She wanted to take her old, very first Cabbage Patch doll.  Ha!  The salon was super sweet and let her sit in a chair to talk to Caroline while she got her hair done.



 
Marcus had NO idea what he was getting himself into.  I'm so glad he could experience all of this!

 
Soo pretty!
 
Next stop was to get Caroline's ears pierced!




 
And, after shopping for a new outfit for Caroline, we made our way to the café for our lunch reservation.  They made it extra special for Sonoma with goodie bags for both Sonoma and Cora and their dolls, and other special treats!

 



 



The cake was SO delicious!!
 


 
We all had a really fun, memorable morning in Chicago on Sunday.  The birthday celebrations will continue this coming weekend :)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment