.

.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

1st Day of 1st Grade

I cannot even believe that it is BACK TO SCHOOL time!  How is this possible?  Weren't we just starting Summer and working on our Summer Bucket List?!?

Yesterday I took Sonoma over to her school to meet her 1st grade teacher and drop off her school supplies.  She was excited to be getting her very own desk this year!


Last night we went out for ice cream at Oberweis, for our Back to School ice cream tradition ( a tradition my parents started with me when I was a little girl! )


Blakesley slept through her first trip to Oberweis!

After scrambling around trying to fill out paperwork, pack the back pack, get school lunch stuff ready and take care of a newborn, we finally went to bed.  I woke up at 4:30 to feed Blakesley and shower, thinking I would have plenty of time, but nope - we were still rushed!  I didn't even get coffee until 10:30.  #thestruggleisreal








After taking all of the obligatory first day of school pics, we all walked Sonoma to her bus stop ( a new and closer location! ).  Unfortunately, the bus was 50 ( yes you read that right, 5-0 ) minutes late!  Sonoma was late to school  :(

Sonoma requested some family selfies




Other than the late bus ( and on the way home it was 30 minutes late ), Sonoma said she had a GREAT first day of school!  1st grade is a whole new ball game!  None of her friends are in her class, so she really has to branch out this year.  No snack, no water bottle at her desk....lots of little changes that make me realize she is such a big kid now!  She got off the bus with a smile on her face and I took her to gymnastics practice.  I would say a successful day!  :)

Cora went to the Doctor's office with me for Blakesley's 2 week check-up.  She has gained a pound since her last visit and grown an inch and the Doctor was happy with her growth overall.  Her belly button is not healing properly, which means she has umbilica granuloma.  She had to have a silver nitrate treatment, which was horrible watching, but she seems to be doing fine now.  She may have to have one more treatment.  Other than that, Doctor said she is perfect.




After a rough morning at the Doctor, Blakesley slept all day in the office in her Moses basket

And, the rest of her naps were with me in her baby carrier, which she is loving!  This was us waiting on the bus after school.

Stay tuned for Cora's 1st Day of Preschool next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment