We only have three more weeks in our current gymnastics session, which means that it is enrollment time for the next session. Sonoma's coach informed me last week that they were making a small list of 4 year olds that were advanced enough to move up to the 5 and 6 year old class. The gym levels go by age until you get to 6, and then you can get invited to the team, and that is also where they can move up by USAG levels.
Since we switched to morning gymnastics classes, the coaches told me that the children who come in the morning usually progress a lot faster, because the gym is practically empty and there aren't a lot of distractions. The coaches decided to make a special class for the advanced 4 year olds to move up to, during the day time classes. Sonoma got picked to move up!! She was SUPER excited and I am just happy that she can continue on with gymnastics and be stimulated both mentally and physically with new skills and tricks.
What came as a complete surprise was when the Coach told me that Cora got picked to move up to the next class that is for 2.5-3.5 year olds! I was of course extremely proud and really happy for Cora. I knew she was way beyond her age with her gymnastics skills (probably from watching her sister!!) and it made me excited that she too will be challenged in a new way starting at the end of this month.
*The picture above was from yesterday right before we left for gymnastics. I caught Sonoma snapping pictures of Cora. Sonoma then said, "Mommy, this phone is missing the selfie button! Why can't I turn it around to take a selfie?" HAHA, that phone above, is my old iPhone 3G. Definitely no selfie button there Sonoma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment