The other day I was reading my journal from last year, the exact same day, January 7th. That was the the time that Chicago was labeled Chiberia during the crazy Polar Vortex. Well, we had the exact same type of week that we did last year during this time. Temperatures were below zero, windchills were -35 below, everything was shut down. Simply put, it was a miserable week. HOWEVER, I am so, so grateful that through it all I was able to stay safe at home with my babies, curled up in my sweats, baking and cooking up a storm in my kitchen. Did we get stir-crazy? YES. Did the girls cry every day to go to school and PDO? YES. But, we were all together, safe and sound. That's all that matters. It was just too bad that almost a full week of no school comes right after three weeks of no school, from the holiday break. Bad timing for sure!
Here's a snapshot of what our week looked like:
 |
| So excited for snow...then sad because she found out she couldn't build a snowman |
 |
| Special potty treat on Monday! |
 |
| Doing gymnastics all the time |
 |
| Working while Mommy works |
 |
| Oh how I LOVE this picture of Cora! She always does a few puzzles before Gymnastics |
 |
| Last gymnastics of the session. Next session she gets moved up AGAIN! |
 |
| Cora ended her session on a great note. Really proud of her. |
 |
| Play-Doh Bakery! |
 |
| Followed by a tea party |
 |
| This dancing game is so much fun! |
 |
| We made a basketball game per the recommendation of my sweet friend Jamie |
I finally broke out of jail ( j/k! ) on Friday to run a few errands during naptime since Marcus was working from home. Friday night I attended a Rodan + Fields corporate event with a few members from my amazing team, Project Premier. We went out to Seasons 52 after and celebrated the success of our team!
On Saturday, one of my new team members had her launch party and it was such a fabulous night!! By the end of the weekend I found out that both of my new team mates got promotions and our business is growing like CRAZY! It's such an exciting time and I'm so proud to call this my job. And the best part - I'm still only putting in about 5-8 hours a week of "work."
 |
| Me, Brittany and Brigitte. Brittany has a newborn, 1 year old and 3 year old and is happy she found something she can fit into her family's schedule to help out financially. And Brigitte has a 2 and 3 year old and works full time in the city. She has been putting in a little work during her train commute and it works out so perfectly for her busy schedule. |
We survived another week of January. One and a half weeks down! Excited to see what the next week brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment