.

.

Friday, January 2, 2015

The End of 2014

Goodbye, 2014!  We ended the year feeling blessed with our good health and the good health of our families.  2014 had many highs and lows for us, but ended on an optimistic note, looking forward to what I am sure will be a BIG year ahead.  A few highlights that I can think of to come:  Sonoma turns 5 and starts KINDERGARTEN (insert me sobbing), Marcus and I celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, Marcus' main golf event that he has been working so hard on, the U.S. Amateur, is finally coming up August 17-23, and we are trying to plan some other fun family things to look forward to for all the in between months.

We kicked off the start to the new year with TWO parties on Wednesday.  The first one was NYE the kids version, at our gym, The Vaughn Athletic Center.  It was SO much fun!

Ready to go party!

The balloon drop was SO cool.




We counted down at 12:00 noon!  This is the first year Sonoma is understanding clocks, calendars, months and years, so she really understood what we were counting down for.  It was so cool!




We will definitely be going back to this NYE party in the coming years.  It was a great turn out, so many activities for the kids and really a ton of fun! 


The girls had to have their faces painted.  Never mind the hour long wait.  Or that they missed all of the kids dances with the DJ.  All they wanted was face paint!  




One of the girls' babysitters was home from college and volunteered to babysit that night, so Marcus and I had a fun date night out and went to a party.  The girls had a blast, we had a blast, and they even let us sleep in the next day.  





I can't say I am sad that 2014 is over.  I am truly excited about what's to come in 2015!  Thank you for following my blog and stay tuned for what will surely be one of the best years yet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment