.

.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Long Months, Quick Years.


January is always the longest month to me.  We are recovering from Christmas, celebrating the new year, trying to get back into school mode, Chiberia, cancelled school, MLK day....man....it's just a LONG month!  However, I am realizing now that I am a Mommy, just how quick those years go by.  So, today, I am giving thanks for these long days and months and trying to take it all in.  The girls are SO happy to be back in school and I'm really quite pleased that the girls love school so much.  Every day I tell Cora she gets to go to PDO she responds with "Hooray!" It's so cute and those are the moments I want to freeze.

And speaking of freezing, or rather, FROZEN, my friend Sarah pointed out in her blog this week that it has been one year since the Frozen phenomenon began!  I remember last December, so 14 months ago, was when Sonoma went to see the movie not once, but TWICE in the theatre! And here is a video of her beginning to learn the songs! The girls both are still super into Frozen and it's such a huge part of their childhood and imaginative play!  We took the girls to see Elsa at Chickfila for a sing-along and meet and greet with the Greens last week:




And next up on the Frozen agenda is FROZEN ON ICE this weekend!  We bought the tickets well over 6 months ago, and surprised the girls at Christmas.  Sonoma has been counting down the days and we are all looking forward to our first family "show."

We had a fun play date at my friend Amy's house.  She and I work together and her little girl Nora is Sonoma's age.  When we got to their house, the girls were wearing matching sweatshirts.  It's even more funny because they are SO very much alike!


I should have gotten a pic of Cora with her puzzles because puzzles is pretty much the main activity that we do day in and day out.  Or at least for Cora right now.  By the end of the night, I am finding puzzle pieces in the couch, under rugs, all over. She LOVES puzzles and her fine motor skills are drastically improving because! Sonoma was doing puzzles the other day during her quiet time.  

Cora learned how to make a kissy face!

There are at least a few sweet moments in between all of the chaos.



Last Friday Brigitte and I celebrated her second promotion with Rodan + Fields (in a month!)  during a double date business dinner with our husbands.  All the kids went to the My Gym pajama party and had a blast.

Sonoma started her new gymnastics class!  With the 5/6 year olds

Sonoma was pretending the playroom was a swimming pool.

Cow girls!  


No comments:

Post a Comment