.

.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Last Minute Christmas Prep!



This has definitely been a year of many firsts!  To add to that, this weekend and next week, we will celebrate our first Christmas in our new house together.  This will be the first Christmas that we will not be traveling to Bloomington, Indiana.  While we will miss our traditions back home in Indiana, we look forward to building our own memories and traditions here in our new house, as a family of four.  We will first host Christmas with my parents and sister this weekend, followed by then hosting Christmas with Marcus' parents next week on Christmas Eve and Christmas.

Sonoma has been a big help with assisting me in preparing for Christmas.  She helps me do the grocery shopping, cooking, baking and decorating.  She loves having little "chores" to do and is in a much better mood if she is thoroughly involved in any sort of house project.


Inside joke - purple monster face from a book we love

PDO holiday party day!

Last minute grocery shopping at Trader Joes

My sweet little shepherd in her PDO Christmas play.  The kids picked if they wanted to be an angel or a shepherd.  I thought it was so cute she chose a shepherd, as all the other girls were angels.  Ha! :)


Singing "Go Tell it on the Mountain" and "Jingle Bells"



After last minute trips to Jewel and Trader Joes, followed by baking sugar cookies and gingerbread cake this afternoon, Sonoma and I are about to head out to gymnastics tonight and hope we don't get caught in the supposed snow storm coming our way.  Tomorrow is Sonoma's PDO Christmas party for her Friday class, and I will be at home with Cora cooking and preparing for dinner with my family tomorrow evening.  All but two presents are wrapped and everything else is cleaned and in order.  I actually feel very prepared this year.  Probably because I started baking and wrapping very early, trying to do a little each day, since I usually only get about 30 minutes to do something before getting interrupted.  It's all about good planning ;)  (And a little two year old who will help with anything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment